Curation 1: THIS IS ALL I’M GOING TO SAY, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. (Feb. 2015 in UK)
Generate Idea: a transnational curatorial group exhibition, which gethers artists from UK and China. Artworks of this exhibition are considered contemporary by artists themselves.
Methodology: reflective curation, philosophical reflection, comparative analysis, translation
(1) understanding on the term of contemporaneity
(2) understanding on the term of text art.
Develop chosen ideas:
(1) Literature reviews on contemporaneity, contemporary Chinese art and written words in contemporary Chinese art.
(2) Reasearch questions:
Is the “contemporaneity” of Chinese contemporary art still referring to “post-modern” or “avant-garde”?
What is the reason that caused the text-based art are not seen much in Chinese contemporary art?
a contemporary Chinese text artwork: “不言而喻” (Chinese)
documentation of the artwork
texts of the curation
(1) Ideological chronological division and correlation of contemporary Chinese art.
(2) Contradictive ideologies in contemporary Chinese art, which relate to populism and democracy.
Application of theories to next curation.